Cycling and walking around tram tracks
With Midland Metro extensions in Birmingham City Centre and in another planned in Wolverhampton, trams are sharing the same space with people, bikes and cars more and more.
Watch our two short videos designed to give you the best advise when walking or cycling near or across tram tracks.
Cycling safely around trams
- Signal correctly and early
- Keep wheels out of tracks
- Cross Tram tracks at right angles
- Be aware of what is around you
Walking safely around trams
- Use designated cross points
- Wait for trams to pass before crossing
- Listen - be aware of oncoming tram
- Be aware of trams and other vehicles
- Listen and look both ways