Duration: Mon 12 Oct 2020
to Spring 2022
Sprint is a bus priority corridor that will link Walsall with the centre of Birmingham, Solihull and Birmingham Airport - joining the A34 with the A45 to create one continuous bus route.
Sprint will bring benefits for all bus passengers: providing more reliable, regular and predictable journey times, connecting our region and protecting our environment too.
A milestone project, Sprint is being delivered by Transport for West Midlands and forms part of the region-wide ambition to improve the public transport experience.
In preparation for Sprint, works will continue along the A45 with a number of road closures set to be in place over the coming weeks.
- In order to install a barrier system on Lawden Road, there will be a full road closure on the A45, Inbound from Poets Corner to Bordesley Circus. The road will be closed overnight on 25 and 26 January from 8pm until 6am. Diversion signs and advanced warning will be displayed.
- Full road closure on the A45 from Poets Corner to Heybarnes Circus, outbound on 28 and 29 January 8pm until 6am.
- Full road closure on the A45 from Poets Corner to Bordesley Circus, Inbound from 12 Feb for five nights from 8pm until 6am (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Mon and Tue - no weekend working)
- Full road closure on the A45 from Bordesley Circus to Poets Corner, Outbound from 18 Feb for 5nights 8pm until 6am (Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tue and Wed - no weekend working)
Key travel advice:
- Plan ahead and leave more time for your journey.
- Consider using another route where possible. Check apps that show traffic levels before leaving